What is Old is New Again!
September 2012 marked the start of a new era for the Buena Regional Schools. All of the fourth and fifth grade students of the Buena Regional School District now attend the newly renovated Cleary Elementary School. Originally named the Minotola School it was erected in 1928 and later named the J.P.Cleary School in the 40’s. Numerous additions were made to the building over the nine decades it housed the middle school population for the communities of Buena VistaTownship and Buena Borough. In January 2010, the Buena Regional Middle School was opened, vacating this space and in December 2010, the community supported a referendum permitting the renovations creating this new facility. The original 1928 structure was removed saving the arch and facade that is now framing the front entrance to the new facilities. Inside the footprint of the original building a new one story addition was created which houses the District's Child Study Team offices, an art room, cafeteria and mechanical support for the entire facility including climate controlled heating and air conditioning. The rest of the building has been renovated establishing a barrier free facility incorporating spaces for a modern library, computer classroom and resources to support upper elementary instruction.